Why Use a Face Mask?
The Australian Government, Department of Health advises using a face mask only in the following circumstances:
- If you suspect you might have coronavirus and need to visit a doctor (always call ahead).
- If you are required to isolate, and you need to leave your home for any reason.
- You have symptoms and other people are present in the same room as you.
- If you are a healthcare worker.
The World Health Organisation advises:
- “If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection”
- “Wear a mask if you are coughing and sneezing.”
Other reasons you may wish to wear a face mask:
- If you have a compromised immune system and other people are present in the same room as you.
- If you are finding it difficult to stop touching your mouth or nose.
Please note that wearing a mask does not replace good hygiene.
A primary directive from the WHO regarding Coronavirus is to wash your hands thoroughly and regularly throughout the day with soapy water, as this kills any Coronavirus cells on the surface of your skin. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
How to Use this Silver Face Mask
- Put on by placing the elastic loops over your ears.
- Can be reused. Wash weekly or as soon as it begins to accumulate dirt (scroll down for care instructions).
How Silver Ions Work to Kill Bacteria and Viruses
Silver ions are released from the silver fibre. They enter the membrane of the bacteria or virus and destroy its cellular structure. This kills the bacteria or virus and stops it from multiplying.
Silver ions do not kill healthy, naturally occurring bacteria in the body. Healthy bacteria have an oily membrane which silver ions cannot penetrate.
About Better Earthing Custom Fabric
- Our silver coated fibre is twisted around every thread of Tencel / Lyocell in this fabric. Tencel/Lyocell is a soft and ecofriendly fabric that is more sustainable to produce than bamboo.
- This silver won’t wash out. It can be washed over 50 times and remain effective.
- Easy to care for: machine or hand wash in warm water with an eco-friendly detergent containing no bleach or oxidisers).
Machine or hand wash in warm water with an eco-friendly detergent containing no bleach or oxidisers.
Frequency: Wash weekly or as soon as it begins to accumulate dirt.
Resilient health is aided by a strong immune system. Consider using an earthing product to support your immune system. Read more about earthing for your immune system on our earthing benefits page